BX8 D3 B Stock Pair
BX8 D3 B Stock Pair
This listing is for one new and one open box BX8 D3 speaker. All packaging and a full 12 month warranty is included.
Giving you more bang for your buck than just about any other powered monitor on the market the BX8 D3 is equally at home in a project recording studio or a DJ studio. With their large 8 inch woofers these cabinets produce rich deep bass so you'll hear the full music spectrum and their bi-amplified design ensures that the mids and highs are crisp and clear too. Get ready to raise the roof!
More Than Just an Enclosure
With M-Audio’s BX8-D3, every detail has been meticulously engineered with one goal in mind - to facilitate the freedom to mix with confidence. BX8-D3 monitors have a rear- mounted bass port, meticulously engineered to the exact length and diameter. The result? Deep, defined bass response with maximum bass extension and resolution. When combined with a smoothly-flared port, BX8-D3 monitors markedly reduce theaudibly-intrusive air turbulence that results when bass is played back at high sound pressure levels (SPLs). BX8-D3’s tweeter is mounted in a custom waveguide for reliably accurate dispersion that eliminates unwanted high-frequency “scatter,” whilst ensuring a soundstage that remains consistently wide and stable. For seamless setup and easy-location of the optimum listening position, the BX8-D3’s front-mounted positioning LED shines brightly when you’re located in the perfect listening spot, for uncompromisingly accurate and reliable critical evaluations. Finally, BX8-D3’s iconic design on the front panel—M-Audio’s famous “keyhole” shape—is more than just an attractive look: This special “fastenerless” design ensures so there are no driver attachment screw heads to interfere with the sound coming from our drivers.
High-Current, High Headroom Class A/B Bi-Amplified Power
Efficient and accurate: Driving the BX8-D3 monitors are two Class A/B internal amplifiers that power the woofer and tweeter separately - each optimised for the specific frequency range it handles and engineered to complement the characteristics of its companion driver. A precision-tuned crossover guarantees each driver only handles the frequencies that it produces most efficiently for a sound that is cohesive across the entire frequency spectrum. Play louder with less audible distortion: The BX8-D3 bi-amplified design is a far more efficient and accurate way to power a loudspeaker than using a single full-range amplifier to drive multiple driver elements.
M-Audio understand that no two listening spaces are the same. Therefore, the BX8- D3 monitors custom tailors your sound to your environment, so you will always experience sonically-true, reassuringly-accurate sound reproduction. Negate problematic bass frequencies and limit the impact of nuisance standing waves thanks to BX8-D3’s special Acoustic Space control for precise adjustment of BX8-D3’s sound output in line with your studio space.
Whatever your needs, the BX8-D3 Studio monitors guarantee to assimilate into your existing setup with ease. Combining conveniently-located, rear-mounted XLR and 1/4- inch balanced inputs, BX8-D3 connects to virtually all studio equipment including audio interfaces, mixers, DJ gear and more.
It’s Far More Than The Sum of Its Parts
M-Audio’s BX8-D3 monitors excel in every way, the rightful successor to the original studio icon. Fusing superb drivers, meticulously engineered enclosures, great-sounding amplifiers, versatile control options and standardized connection facilities, BX8-D3 delivers sound quality you can trust.
- Key Features
- Bi-amplified design with 150 watts (80 LF, 70 HF) for powerful, accurate sound
- 8” Kevlar low-frequency driver with high-temp voice coil and damped rubber surround
- 1.25” natural silk dome tweeter delivers superb transient details
- Computer-optimized tweeter waveguide for precise imaging
- Acoustic Space Control to fine-tune low-end response to your room
- Optimized rear port for extended low-frequency response
- XLR balanced and 1/4” balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting audio interfaces, mixers, synthesizers, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control enables you to dial in the perfect monitor playback level
- Wide range 37-22kHz frequency response covers full musical spectrum
- TYPE: 2-way near-field studio reference monitors
- LOW FREQ. DRIVER: 8 inch (203 mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround, magnetically shielded
- HIGH FREQ. DRIVER: 1.25 inch (32mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 37Hz – 22kHz
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 2.0kHz
- LOW FREQ. AMPLIFIER POWER: 80W
- HIGH FREQ. AMPLIFIER POWER: 70W
- MAXIMUM PEAK SPL: 114dB SPL - Full Bandwidth Pink Noise Measured
- INPUT SENSITIVITY: -12dBU
- INPUT CONNECTORS: 1x XLR balanced input connector 1x TRS balanced/unbalanced input connector
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 10kΩ balanced, 20kΩ unbalanced
- POLARITY: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- PROTECTION: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- POWER: Voltage: 100–120V, 50/60 Hz / 220–240V, 50/60 Hz Consumption: 150W
- FUSE: 220–240V~ T1AL, 250V / 100–120V~ T2AL, 250V
- CABINET: Vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency MDF
- DIMENSIONS: (WIDTH X DEPTH X HEIGHT) 9.8” x 11.9” x 15.1” / 250 x 302 x 384 mm
- WEIGHT: 23.1 lb / 10.5 kg