DJM-900NXS2 4 Channel Professional DJ Mixer
The DJM-900NXS2 takes mixing to another level with Pioneer's first ever 64-bit mixing processor for a more natural, warm and detailed sound. The controls are even more responsive, with a new gain structure, improved EQ and fader curves. The Sound Colour FX section now has a parameter knob for even more nuanced manipulation. Plus an independent Send/Return means you no longer have to choose between Beat FX and external FX: you can connect your choice of external FX controllers, including apps on your iPad, and layer it on top of the on-board FX. Add to that four phono inputs, DVS support and two USB ports for easy connection to PC/Mac – and the DJM-900NXS2 is a crucial tool versatile enough for any professional booth and a perfect match for the CDJ-2000NXS2 or CDJ-3000.
- Key Features
HIGH QUALITY AUDIO COMPONENTS FOR A WARM, DETAILED SOUND
The DJM-900NXS2 has undergone a complete overhaul under the bonnet to deliver clear sound with more depth and colour:
- Improved digital sound processing: 64-bit mixing processing, enhanced dithering technology and a low-jitter clock – all deliver a warm, natural analogue sound.
- 96 kHz/24-bit sound card and direct digital connection: accurately reproduces high-res audio.
- Newly developed power supply: eliminates unwanted noise and delivers a warmer sound.
- Improved analogue input: a new phono amp circuit, plus a new signal GND terminal to easily attach ground wires from analogue turntables.
IMPROVED EQ, FADER AND CLIP CONTROLS FOR SMOOTHER MIXES
The DJM-900NXS2 has more nuanced frequency and volume controls for smoother, more dynamic mixing:
- Improved channel fader curves: the three curves have been fine-tuned for more precision and control.
- New EQ curves: even more precision across the highs, mids and lows.
- More accurate clip indicator: a redesigned gain structure ensures meters don’t go into the red too early.
- Peak limiter: minimises distortion even at high volumes.
MORE DETAILED CONTROL OF A WEALTH OF FX PLUS AN INDEPENDENT SEND/RETURN
The DJM-900NXS2’s FX and their controls have been completely redesigned to deliver detailed levels of manipulation:
- 6 Sound Colour FX
- New Sweep: replaces Gate/Comp
- New parameter knob: alters different parameters for each effect.
- Bigger knobs: for more nuanced control of all sound colour FX.
- 14 Beat FX
- New FX: Ping Pong, Vinyl Brake, Helix, Pitch, improved Reverb.
- Bigger X-Pad with OLED screen: more easily see and toggle FX and change parameters.
- FX Frequency: choose which frequency range to apply effects to.
- Channel selection LED: know at a glance which channels you’re applying Beat FX to.
Independent Send/Return: connect external hardware and software to use alongside the internal FX. InterApp support means you can use FX/Instrument apps on your iPad – for example the virtual RMX-1000 app.
TWO USB PORTS, 4 PHONO INPUTS AND DVS SUPPORT FOR TOTAL FLEXIBILITY AND SEAMLESS DJ HANDOVERS
The DJM-900NXS2 has a multitude of inputs to give you total freedom to mix with the source of your choice:
- 2 USB ports and a top-loaded input switcher: for seamless DJ handovers between different PCs/Macs.
- DVS control: use turntables/players to control rekordbox DJ performance software via the rekordbox dj DVS Plus Pack.
- 4 Phono Inputs: connect up to 4 turntables to channels 1, 2, 3 or 4.
PRO DJ LINK VIA LAN OR USB FOR EVEN MORE SCOPE AND FLEXIBILITY
Use Pro DJ Link to connect up to 4 players and share one source, see detailed rekordbox information and unlock a number of advanced features including Quantize. You can also connect a PC/Mac with just one USB cable to control rekordbox dj and other DJ software with all 4 players.
HIGH QUALITY, RUGGED BUILD FOR PROFESSIONAL USE
The DJM-900NXS2 is built for the rigours of professional use.
- Magvel Fader: highly responsive magnetic crossfader designed for smooth operation and superb durability.
- 2 headphone plugs: ¼-inch stereo jack and 3.5mm MiniPin
- Gold-plated RCAs: for premium sound quality on all connections
- Sampling Rate: 96 kHz
- Width: 333 mm
- Height: 107.9 mm
- Depth: 414.2 mm
- Weight: 8 kg
- Frequency Range: 20 - 40000 Hz
- A/D Converter: 24 bit
- D/A Converter: 32 bit
- S/N Ratio Line: 105 dB
- S/N Ratio Phono: 88 dB
- S/N Ratio Mic: 79 dB
- Distortion: < 0.005 % (LINE)
- Sound Color FX
NXS2 Basics: Sound Color FX Filter
NXS2 Basics: Sound Color FX Crush
NXS2 Basics: Sound Color FX Noise
NXS2 Basics: Sound Color FX Sweep and Gate
NXS2 Basics: Sound Color FX Dub Echo
NXS2 Basics: Sound Color FX Space
- James Zabiela Masterclass
It takes a real master to work out tricks like this. Thankfully James Zabiela has shared some of his with us. Watch and learn.
Vinyl Break Acid Noise