BX5 D3 5" Powered Studio Reference Monitor
BX5 D3 5" Powered Studio Reference Monitor
More Than Just an Enclosure
With M-Audio’s BX5-D3, every detail has been meticulously engineered with one goal in mind - to facilitate the freedom to mix with confidence. BX5-D3 monitors have a rear- mounted bass port, meticulously engineered to the exact length and diameter. The result? Deep, defined bass response with maximum bass extension and resolution. When combined with a smoothly-flared port, BX5-D3 monitors markedly reduce the audibly-intrusive air turbulence that results when bass is played back at high sound pressure levels (SPLs). BX5-D3’s tweeter is mounted in a custom waveguide for reliably accurate dispersion that eliminates unwanted high-frequency “scatter,” whilst ensuring a soundstage that remains consistently wide and stable. For seamless setup and easy-location of the optimum listening position, the BX5-D3’s front-mounted positioning LED shines brightly when you’re located in the perfect listening spot, for uncompromisingly accurate and reliable critical evaluations. Finally, BX5-D3’s iconic design on the front panel—M-Audio’s famous “keyhole” shape—is more than just an attractive look: This special “fastenerless” design ensures so there are no driver attachment screw heads to interfere with the sound coming from our drivers.
High-Current, High Headroom Class A/B Bi-Amplified Power
Efficient and accurate: Driving the BX5-D3 monitors are two Class A/B internal amplifiers that power the woofer and tweeter separately - each optimised for the specific frequency range it handles and engineered to complement the characteristics of its companion driver. A precision-tuned crossover guarantees each driver only handles the frequencies that it produces most efficiently for a sound that is cohesive across the entire frequency spectrum. Play louder with less audible distortion: The BX5-D3 bi-amplified design is a far more efficient and accurate way to power a loudspeaker than using a single full-range amplifier to drive multiple driver elements.
M-Audio understand that no two listening spaces are the same. Therefore, the BX5- D3 monitors custom tailors your sound to your environment, so you will always experience sonically-true, reassuringly-accurate sound reproduction. Negate problematic bass frequencies and limit the impact of nuisance standing waves thanks to BX5-D3’s special Acoustic Space control for precise adjustment of BX5-D3’s sound output in line with your studio space.
Whatever your needs, the BX5-D3 Studio monitors guarantee to assimilate into your existing setup with ease. Combining conveniently-located, rear-mounted XLR and 1/4- inch balanced inputs, BX5-D3 connects to virtually all studio equipment including audio interfaces, mixers, DJ gear and more.
It’s Far More Than The Sum of Its Parts
M-Audio’s BX5-D3 monitors excel in every way, the rightful successor to the original studio icon. Fusing superb drivers, meticulously engineered enclosures, great-sounding amplifiers, versatile control options and standardized connection facilities, BX5-D3 delivers sound quality you can trust.
- Key Features
- Bi-amplified design with 100 watts (60 LF, 40 HF) for powerful, accurate sound
- 5” Kevlar low-frequency driver with high-temp voice coil and damped rubber surround
- 1” natural silk dome tweeter delivers superb transient details
- New computer-optimized tweeter waveguide for precise imaging
- Acoustic Space Control to fine-tune low-end response to your room
- Optimized rear port for extended low-frequency response
- XLR balanced and 1/4” balanced/unbalanced inputs for connecting audio interfaces, mixers, synthesizers, DJ gear, and more
- Volume control enables you to dial in the perfect monitor playback level
- Ultra-wide range 52-35kHz frequency response covers full musical spectrum
- Front panel LED shines brightly when speaker is positioned at ideal monitor angle
- TYPE: 2-way near-field studio reference monitors
- LOW FREQ. DRIVER: 5 inch (127mm) Kevlar curved cone with high temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround. Magnetically shielded
- HIGH FREQ. DRIVER: 1 inch (25mm) magnetically shielded natural silk dome
- FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 52 Hz – 35 kHz
- CROSSOVER FREQUENCY: 2.5kHz
- LOW FREQ. AMPLIFIER POWER: 60W
- HIGH FREQ. AMPLIFIER POWER: 40W
- MAXIMUM PEAK SPL: 110 dB SPL - Full Bandwidth Pink Noise Measured
- INPUT SENSITIVITY: -10dBU INPUT
- CONNECTORS: 1x XLR balanced input connector 1x TRS balanced/unbalanced input connector
- INPUT IMPEDANCE: 10kΩ balanced, 20kΩ unbalanced
- POLARITY: Positive signal at + input produce outward LF cone displacement
- PROTECTION: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn on/off transient, subsonic filter, external mains fuse
- POWER: Voltage: 100–120V, 50/60 Hz / 220–240V, 50/60 Hz Consumption: 100W
- FUSE: 220–240V~ T1AL 250V / 100–120V~ T1.6AL 250V
- CABINET: Vinyl-laminated high-acoustic-efficiency MDF
- DIMENSIONS: (WIDTH X DEPTH X HEIGHT) 6.9” x 7.8” x 10” / 176 x 197 x 254 mm
- WEIGHT: 12.3 lbs, 5.6kg